NA: February 24, 2015. EU: February 25, 2015. JP: February 25, 2015. NA: March 3, 2015. EU: March 4, 2015. JP: March 4, 2015. NA: March 10, 2015. EU: March 11, 2015. JP: March 11, 2015. NA: March 17, 2015. EU: March 18, 2015. JP: March 18, 2015.
NA: March 18, 2015. EU: March 20, 2015. JP: March 20, 2015. WW: August 18, 2015. JP: September 17, 2015. Resident Evil: Revelations 2[a] is an episodicsurvival horror video game developed and published by Capcom as part of the Resident Evil series.
- It marks the return of Claire Redfield as the protagonist, and the first time Barry Burton is a playable story character in the main series.The first installment was released in February 2015. The plot is set between the events of Resident Evil 5 and 6, in 2011. The story begins when Claire and her co-workers, including Barry Burton's daughter Moira Burton, are at a party in the headquarters of the NGO TerraSave, when they are attacked by unknown assailants and taken away to a deserted island in the Baltic Sea.
- As of December 2021, the title reached a combined 4 million units sold (including the Switch collection), surpassing its predecessor. It is also the first Resident Evil game to not feature Alyson Court as the long time voice of Claire Redfield.Resident Evil: Revelations 2 is set between the events of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6.Claire Redfield is the main protagonist and Barry Burton's daughter, Moira, plays a supporting role. In December 2014, a new trailer revealed Barry as another playable protagonist and he is joined by Natalia Korda, a little girl with supernatural abilities.The official cinematic trailer was released in December 2014.Resident Evil: Revelations 2 is a survival horror game which supports cooperative gameplay.
- When played in single player mode, the player are able (and need) to switch characters to solve puzzle and do certain actions. The game has stealth elements as only two of the four playable characters use guns.The other two are more vulnerable, preferring to use weapons such as crowbars and bricks; they can also find hidden items with a flashlight or special senses. The game features a Raid Mode, which returns from the first Revelations game with new features, more missions and new playable characters.In this mode, players can customize their skills and weapons, as well as buy new ones.
- This mode can be played either online or through split-screen local co-op..
- The storyline is composed of four episodes divided into a past scenario with Claire and Moira Burton and a present scenario with Barry Burton.Claire Redfield and Moira Burton, daughter of Barry Burton, work for biohazard prevention agency TerraSave.
- While attending an office party, they and several other TerraSave members are captured by armed mercenaries.Claire and Moira are taken to a facility on Sejm Island, where they are attacked by the "Afflicted", mutated humans driven insane by torturous experiments. An unknown woman calling herself the "Overseer" watches via cameras and tells them the bracelets on their wrists record fear, as the pair try to find safety.
- He immediately meets Natalia Korda, a strange little girl with the ability to sense monsters before they become a threat.She accompanies him on the way to the radio tower, navigating through hordes of Uroboros-infected mutants. Upon reaching the tower, Barry realizes the distress call was actually made six months ago.
- Claire and Moira meet up with their co-workers, Gabriel Chavez and Pedro Fernandez, at the "Wossek", a derelict pub located in an abandoned fishing village.The Overseer explains that they have become her new test subjects for T-Phobos, a virus that responds to fear, for process of elimination.
- Gabe leads Claire to a broken helicopter he intends to repair in order to escape the island, but they are soon ambushed by a horde of Afflicted, separating Claire, Moira, and Pedro from Gabe and the helicopter; Pedro succumbs to fear and is transformed into a monster.Claire and Moira fend off both Pedro and the Afflicted until their boss, Neil Fisher, arrives to help them escape. They decide to make their way to the Overseer's tower, but are once again ambushed and Neil stays behind to lure the monsters away.
- Claire and Moira catch up to Natalia, who has been roaming the island alone, and they befriend her.Gabe fixes the helicopter and attempts to escape, but the Overseer remotely sabotages the controls, killing him.As Claire and Moira are distracted by the crash, Natalia is kidnapped and taken to the Overseer, who intends to transfer her consciousness into the little girl.
- Along the way, Barry learns Natalia is an orphan whose parents died in the Terragrigia incident, the trauma having left her immune to fear.
- Inside the tower, they find a portrait depicting Albert Wesker and a woman who Natalia identifies as Alex Wesker.The two are then ambushed by the Overseer, a grotesque hunchbacked figure who neutralizes Barry and is revealed to be Alex herself.
- Claire and Moira follow a note supposedly left by Neil to meet him at a nearby factory, only to walk into a series of traps they narrowly survive.After passing through the sewers, the pair gain access to the Overseer's tower, where they witness a meeting between Neil and Alex Wesker.
- It is revealed that Neil, a former member of the FBC, was behind his employees' abduction to aid Alex in exchange for a sample of the Uroboros Virus, intending to use it to restore the FBC.Alex injects Neil with Uroboros instead, causing him to mutate into a hulking monstrosity. Claire and Moira are forced to kill him.
- Six months later, Barry and Natalia escape from a mutated Alex and work their way from the sewer back to the surface.As they go, Barry tells Natalia about a tragic event concerning his two daughters; Moira accidentally shot her younger sister Polly when they were playing with one of Barry’s guns.
- Although the fault was his, Barry blamed Moira for the accident, causing a huge strain on their relationship.Polly survived, but Moira developed a fear of guns as a result of the incident. Afterwards, Barry and Natalia travel through a dilapidated mine infested with monsters.
- Alex ambushes them on the other side and throws Barry into a ravine, but when she tries to kill Natalia, the little girl impassively stares back into her eyes, causing Alex to withdraw in terror.After Neil's demise, Claire and Moira make their way up to the Monument to confront Alex, and the duo learn of her intentions to conquer fear and escape death.
- She shoots herself in the head, triggering a self-destruct sequence that causes Claire and Moira to flee.Unbeknownst to them, Alex experiences fear in her last living moments and begins to mutate.
- As they descend the crumbling tower, Moira sacrifices herself so that Claire can escape; she is rescued shortly afterwards.She regretfully tells Barry that she could not save Moira, but Barry refuses to accept his daughter's death and continues to search for her.
- Six months later, Barry and Natalia pass through several toxic mine tunnels before reaching Alex's research facility, disguised as a mansion.They make their way through as Alex taunts Natalia through the girl's bracelet.
- When the duo confront her, Alex injects herself with an Uroboros sample and mutates a second time to fight Barry and Natalia.After feigning her own death, Alex suddenly springs to life and incapacitates Barry.She grabs Natalia and once again attempts to kill her.
- In the canon ending, where Moira overcomes her fear of guns by shooting Neil, Moira survives the tower's destruction and arrives in time to save Natalia by temporarily repelling Alex with gunshots.
- Barry, Moira, and Natalia escape the area before being cornered by Alex.Claire arrives in a helicopter to rescue the trio and they manage to take down Alex with a rocket launcher.
- As they leave the island, Barry reconciles with Moira and expresses his intention to adopt and raise Natalia as his own daughter.
- In an epilogue, Claire is heading towards Barry's home while being informed that her brotheris in China, to which she responds, "tell Piers to take care of him."At the Burtons' home, Natalia is surrounded by newspapers covering the events of Resident Evil 6. As she finishes reading Franz Kafka's The Zürau Aphorisms, she smiles ominously, revealing that Alex succeeded to some extent in taking over her body.
- Alex squeezes Natalia to death, only to re-awaken as Dark Natalia (imbued with Alex consciousness) and easily destroy her former, mutated body.She then mocks Barry, who cannot bring himself to shoot the little girl he has become attached to. Alex walks away, leaving him in despair. In this extra episode, set just before Natalia meets Barry, Natalia wakes up in a dream-like state, being greeted by Lottie, her favorite teddy bear.
- They find various postcards from Lottie scattered around and eventually find her near the seashore, but this turns out to be an attempt by Dark Natalia to take over Natalia's body.Dark Natalia tells Natalia that she will eventually be subverted, and Natalia snaps out of her lucid dream as Barry's boat approaches the island.
- During the six-month gap between Claire's escape and Barry's arrival, Moira struggles to survive with the aid of an old Russian man named Evgeny Rebic, whom Moira had met once before at an underground sewer control room; Evgeny rescued her before the Overseer's tower collapsed.Despite their contentious relationship, food is very scarce, and the pair have to overcome many dangers together in order to survive.After defeating hordes of mutated monsters, they manage to find a letter from Evgeny's daughter.
VideoBy using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube.
- Speaking about the concept of the sound design for Revelations 2 and his collaboration with Nima Fakhrara, he explained: "[Nima Fakhara's] productions possessed that particular element of darkness that worked perfectly with our[s].After many brainstorming sessions, we decided to use ‘iron’ and ‘water’ as our concepts in creating new instruments.
- And, after recording, we edited and mixed the sound with other tracks to create a truly unique sound"..Capcom released the game on February 25, 2015, in a weekly episodic format for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.
- Once the final episode was released, a complete version was launched. Japanese rock band Dir En Grey was featured in some of the material promotion for the game. A full video of the song, Revelation of Mankind, featuring scenes of the band and the game was released in the middle of 2015.That music was also part of their last album, Arche. Sony Computer Entertainment published the PlayStation Vita version of the game. The port was developed by Frima Studio and released on August 18, 2015. The first episode of the game, Penal Colony, was made free to download for PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on November 18, 2015. After that, a collection was made for the Nintendo Switch containing both Revelations games, which launched at the end of November 2017..
- There was praise for the setting, story, characters and the co-op gameplay, but the graphics and some technical issues were largely criticized.According to Kimberley Wallace of Game Informer, the game has crazy plot twists, laughable dialogue, and campy moments, all of which come together in a satisfying way.