Adobe PDF: Free vs. Pro? Depends on Your Needs
The Adobe PDF Reader DC is a clean, user-friendly PDF reader that has been downloaded more than one billion times worldwide. In addition to opening PDF files, with the Adobe PDF Reader DC you can:. Digitally sign documents. Highlight or cross out words. Add a personalized stamp.
Free Alternatives to Adobe PDF Reader Pro
Add a timestamp or digital certificate. Direct login and access PDF files located in:Adobe Document CloudGoogle DriveBoxDropboxOneDriveSharePoint. Adobe Document Cloud. Click on the DOWNLOAD button to visit the official Adobe download page.
If you don’t want any McAfee products, make sure to uncheck two Optional Offers and then click DOWNLOAD ACROBAT READER. The file will download to your computer. Double click on it and run the installer. When it’s done installing, just click FINISH and you’re all set. If you only needed the Adobe Reader for a single-use or if you decide to upgrade and purchase a premium package, you can completely remove this from your computer in 2 easy steps.
Type ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS in the windows search bar. Find Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and click UNINSTALL. The Windows installer program will take care of the rest and remove the software from your computer.
Before I can answer whether the free Adobe PDF Reader DC is good enough or if you should upgrade to Adobe Acrobat Pro, you have to understand your needs.
If you have basic needs, like opening a PDF, signing the document, adding a stamp, or leaving comments on the document, then the free option is perfect for you.
How to Download Adobe PDF Reader DC
- However, if you need more advanced tools such as:.
- Convert a document to a PDF. Password protect or encrypt the file. Compress the file. Compare two PDF files. Reorganize the document. Then you will need to upgrade to the Acrobat Pro Reader. All of the underlined features are only available with Adobe Acrobat Pro. Foxit Free PDF Reader: A serious contender for Adobe’s crown, Foxit has some pretty good features in its free PDF Reader.
- This includes compatibility with DocuSign, Editing, and adding digital IDs and timestamps. Nitro PDF Reader: You can create, sign, and share PDFs with Nitro.
More than Just a Free PDF Reader
With drag-and-drop functionality, it’s one of the easier programs to master. Is Adobe Reader really free? There is no cost to use the basic features that come with Adobe Reader. However, as you use it, you’ll notice that a lot of features are only available with a premium package.
Is Adobe PDF Reader safe? As long as you download the file from the official Adobe site, there are no known viruses or malware attached to it.
Unfortunately, if you don’t pay attention while installing the program, you will end up installing two McAfee products. Can you convert a PDF to Word with Adobe Reader?
If you want to convert a PDF to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or any other format, you will need to purchase Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- What does the DC stand for in Adobe PDF Reader DC?
- Adobe upgraded all their products to integrate with its Document Cloud, hence the DC. You can upload a file to the cloud and access it with Reader from anywhere. Is there a mobile version of Adobe Reader? You can find an Adobe PDF Reader app for both Android and iOS devices in Google Play and iTunes.
- Visit Adobe PDF Reader DC Website.
- NetDocuments works with the 32 bit version of Adobe, not the 64 bit.
- Adobe recently changed its web page so by default it downloads the 64 bit version.
- There is still a way of downloading the 64bit version.
- CPU: Intel processor; M1 Apple Silicon processor.
- OS: macOS v10.14, macOS v10.15, macOS v11, or macOS v12
- RAM: 2GB.
- Hard disk space: 380MB.
- Display resolution: 1024x768 screen resolution.
- Browser: Safari 10.0 or 11.0 (browser plug-in for Safari supported on 64-bit Intel processor only).
How to Uninstall Adobe PDF Reader DC
Adobe Acrobat Reader also provides a browser extension. You can go to Chrome Web Store to search for Adobe Acrobat and click Add to Chrome to add the Adobe Reader extension to your Chrome browser.
This post teaches you how to get Microsoft Outlook downloaded for Windows 10/11 PC, Mac, iPhone, or Android to manage your emails, contacts, etc.
Step 3: Select Windows 10, English, then Reader DC 2021.007.20099 English for Windows.
You can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery to easily recover deleted or lost PDF files for free.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery helps you easily recover any deleted or lost files, photos, videos, etc. from a Windows PC or laptop, USB flash drive, memory card, external hard drive, SSD, etc. It helps you restore lost data from various data loss situations, e.g. hard drive errors, system issues, malware/virus infection, and more. Only if the hard drive is recognized by your computer, you can utilize MiniTool Power Data Recovery to recover data from it.
Download and install MiniTool Power Data Recovery on your PC or laptop and use it to easily recover deleted or lost PDF files.
- On the main interface of the software, you can choose the target drive or the entire device and click Scan. Choose the target drive under Logical Drives or choose the entire disk/device under Devices. To only scan PDF files, you can click the Scan Settings icon in the left panel and only choose PDF file type.
- Let the software finish the scan, then you can view the scan result to find the target files. If you find them, you can tick them and click the Save button to select a new location to store the recovered PDF files.
Step 1: Go to https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
This post focuses on how to download Adobe Reader for Windows 10/11, Mac, Android, or iPhone and offers a guide for how to recover deleted/lost PDF files for free. Hope it helps.