PDF X is the free PDF reader & editor 2022 for windows, an alternative to adobe acrobat reader. It's a powerful app for viewing, printing, editing and annotating PDFs. [Features] Supported Formats: PDF, PS, Tiff, CHM, DjVu, Images, DVI, XPS, ODT, Fiction Book, Comic Book, Plucker, EPub, Fax View PDF • Horizontal or Vertical scroll, Single Page or Continuous scroll modes.
Terms of transaction.
Best PDF Reader: Free PDF Viewer
|Name||Price||Windows Supported versions||Link|
|Adobe Acrobat Reader DC||Reader is Free. Adobe Acrobat is paid||Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10|
|PDF Xchange||The reader is Free, and the Editor version is paid||Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10|
|Foxit Reader||The reader is Free, editor is paid.||Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10|
|ABBYY FineReader||Free Trial.||Windows 8.1, 10.|
|Icecream Apps PDF-Editor||Free and Paid Version with more features||Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10|
1) Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a free PDF review software for viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents. It provides multiple viewing modes to reduce eyestrain.
- Hides unnecessary menus when switched to full screen.
- Offers multiple viewing modes to reduce eyestrain.
- It offers an easy-to-use drag-and-drop to manage PDFs.
- This free PDF reader software works across multiple devices.
- Easy integration with the Adobe Cloud system.
- Supports extraction of words and images.
- The export function has a slow speed.
- Its free version offers very limited features.
Supported platforms: Windows XP,7, 8, 8.1, 10, Mac, and Linux.
2) PDF Xchange
PDF-XChange Editor is a free PDF reader tool that offers buttons, toolbars, and side panels to edit PDFs with ease. It is one of the fastest PDF readers that allows you to disable unnecessary stuff for a cleaner viewing experience.
- Adding and placing text is exceptionally easy.
- Well-organized and user-friendly interface.
- It is one of the best PDF reader software that helps you edit PDF files by attaching notes.
- This free PDF software offers additional functionality for the creation and editing of fillable forms.
- Supports adding comments before sharing files.
- It is the best portable PDF reader for Windows.
- Watermark on the output.
Supported platforms: Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10.
3) Foxit Reader
Foxit Reader is an easy-to-read PDF reader tool that allows you to view, annotate, form-fill, and sign PDFs across desktop, mobile, and web. It enables you to grant access for collaborating with your friends and colleagues on the same PDF document. You can keep track of people who opened the doc, edit it, and view all their activities in real-time.
- This free PDF software allows you to read PDFs anywhere.
- You can leverage existing forms and workflows with standard PDF and XFA form filling.
- Helps you to customize mass deployments and the setup customization tool for installer configuration.
- You can integrate it with leading cloud storage services and popular enterprise CMS.
- Only available for Windows; the macOS version requires purchase after a free trial.
- No Linux version.
Supported platforms: Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10.
4) ABBYY FineReader
ABBYY FineReader PDF is a PDF reader for Windows that allows you to share and collaborate with different documents in the same workflow. This free PDF software also helps you to streamline document conversion.
- Allows you to scan and convert paper documents to Word, Excel, or PDF.
- It optimizes document processes.
- You can standardize software assets.
- Helps you digitize the document workflow.
- It allows you to find out changes between various versions of the documents.
- It lacks full-text indexing, which is necessary for fast searches.
Supported platforms: Windows 8.1, 10.
5) Icecream Apps PDF Editor
Icecream Apps PDF-Editor is an easy-to-use software that enables you to create and make changes in the PDF file. It is one of the best PDF software that helps you edit, manage pages, annotate, and more.
- Icecream PDF Editor helps you to move, rotate, and resize PDF objects.
- This PDF viewer allows you to set a password to protect PDF files.
- You can draw, add shapes, arrows, and lines to a PDF document.
- It helps you to merge PDF documents into one file.
- Offers built-in forms in PDF documents.
- Allows you to add notes in your PDF file.
- It allows you to search through the document before making changes to it.
- The free version offers very limited features.
- This PDF software does not have the option to import multiple PDF files.
Supported platforms: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
6) Nitro Reader
Nitro Reader is a powerful PDF editor that allows converting PDF to Excel and PowerPoint formats. This PDF reader software comes along with the OCR engine for scanning paper documents. It helps you to make your working with digital documents stress-free.
- Allows you to convert your PDF file to Excel and PowerPoint formats.
- You can customize the toolbar for quick access.
- This PDF reader software allows you to convert other file types to PDF.
- This Windows PDF reader helps you to access shared files quicker with your team and colleagues.
- It is one of the fastest PDF readers, which allows you to export pages to different image files.
- Offers multitasking feature to modify PDF files easily.
- This software only has the paid version.
- Does not have a tool to edit the document text.
Supported platforms: Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10.
7) Slim PDF
Slim PDF is a PDF reader software that helps you open and view your PDF documents, add comments and other annotations. You can also fill out interactive forms and validate digital signatures by using this tool. It provides a full range of advanced and customizable annotation tools.
- Provides the best navigation for a simplified PDF viewing experience.
- Offers a full range of advanced and customizable annotation tools.
- It offers interactive PDF form filling and signature verification features.
- You can sign PDFs with electronic and digital signatures.
- Allows you to create a PDF from any printable file format.
- Sometimes it acts buggy and fails to load elements such as signatures.
Supported platforms: Windows, Mac, and Linux.
8) Ashampoo PDF
Ashampoo PDF helps you to manage and edit your PDF documents easily. This PDF software application helps you to create, edit, and protect your PDF files. It creates perfectly sized documents which are readable on any device. It also uses encryption to protect your intellectual properties.
- You can compare two PDFs side by side.
- It allows you to edit open images in place with an external image editor.
- This Window PDF reader helps you to find out and replace colors throughout documents.
- It helps you to split your PDF files into smaller documents with a custom number of pages.
- You can replace document fonts for easier file exchange with other PDF programs.
- Editing files is a bit hard, unlike in words.
Supported platforms: Windows 7, 8, and 10.
9) Google Drive
Google Drive also offers a PDF viewer feature. It is free PDF software for anyone who has a Google account. It allows you to open, view, convert and share any of your PDF Files across the cloud on the platform. Moreover, you can convert your PDF files into an editable doc format with just a few clicks.
- Easy to use and clean interface.
- Offers secure access to all of your content.
- Supports SSL encryption.
- This free PDF software allows you to store PDFs, presentations, and photos.
- It helps you to access your docs from anywhere.
- You need to be connected to the Internet to use Google Drive.
Supported platforms: Windows, Android, and iOS.
10) PDF Element
PDF Element is a powerful PDF-viewer application for creating and managing PDF forms and documents. It allows you to extract data from forms and export them into spreadsheets.
- You can manage all your digital workflows with tools to easily create and edit documents.
- Allows you to convert, review, protect and sign documents all in one place.
- This PDF viewer allows you to customize fonts, personalize text style, and add graphics.
- PDF element helps you to track comments, monitor changes, and add highlights.
- You can convert PDF files into MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and RTF documents.
- Allows you to permanently black out sensitive information before sharing the documents.
- Watermark in the free version.
- OCR feature is exclusive to the paid version.
Supported platforms: Windows, iOS, and Android.
11) Soda PDF
Soda PDF is a portable PDF reader software. You can use this application at your home and on the go. It is a fully functional online PDF reader that helps you create professional PDFs from various file formats.
- You can efficiently make changes to your PDF documents.
- It makes the document revision process easy.
- You can send and track various contracts for e-sign.
- Offers a cloud-based management suite.
- It is a very expensive tool compared to its peers.
Supported platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, and mobile devices.
How do I get Adobe Acrobat Reader for free on Windows 10?
Step 1) Download the PDF reader on your PC
Open: https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/ and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
Step 2) Select your operating system
You will be asked about your operating system; I am selecting Windows 10. However, you need to select the Windows version according to your PC.
Step 3) Select language
You need to select the language of your choice. I have selected English.
Step 4) Select the version
Lastly, select the 64-bit version for the 64-bit PC.
Step 5) Download the Acrobat Reader
Now, go to the upper right corner of the screen and start downloading Acrobat reader
Step 6) Save and run the .exe file on your PC
Click on the finish button when the process is completed and install the software by double-clicking on the .exe file
Step 7) Start the PDF reader application
You can see that the Acrobat PDF DC application has been launched
❓ What is PDF?
Portable Document Format (PDF), standardized as ISO 32000 is a file format. It was developed by Adobe in 1992 to present documents, including text formatting and images, independent of application software, hardware, and operating systems.
✔️ What are the Best PDF Reader Software for Windows 10?
Following are some of the best PDF reader software:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- Foxit Reader
- ABBYY FineReader
- Icecream Apps PDF Editor
- Nitro Reader
- Slim PDF
- Ashampoo PDF
- Google Drive
- PDF Element
- Soda PDF
⚡ Why use PDF Editor Software?
PDF editor software helps you edit your .pdf files efficiently and easily. It also allows users to create, secure, and distribute various PDF documents. A PDF editor tool also helps optimize PDF documents for various applications to print and manipulate PDF files.
🚀 Which Factors should you Consider while Selecting a PDF Reader Software?
You should consider the following factors while selecting a PDF reader software:
- Easy to use.
- Scan and OCR(Optical Character Recognition) features.
- Functionalities for PDF operations like Create, Edit, Share, Print, etc.
- Collaboration for multiple users.
- It should offer the security of your data.
- Support and customer care service.
🏅 Is PDF Better than a Word File?
The best method is one that incorporates the use of both of these formats. The Word format is surely the best choice for editing and making changes to work-in-progress. In contrast, the PDF format is the preferred option for viewing and sharing documents.
Therefore, you can maintain your original document in Word format and then convert your document to PDF format for easily sharing it with other people.
👉 What is the difference between Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader?
Adobe Reader is a free PDF reader software that allows users to read PDFs and other portable document file formats, while Adobe Acrobat is a paid version of the Reader which offers additional functionalities like edit, modify, print, protect, and manipulate PDF Files.