Create professional graphic renders with this awesome Windows graphics tool.
Creativity is an awesome outlet. Some of my most relaxing times are when I am busy creating something, be that writing, drawing, sculpting or painting. As computers are one of my most favorite things, being able to combine my creativity with my love of technology is pretty cool. Its for this reason that I really like Cinema 4D Studio. It’s a graphics tool for your Windows PC. Cinema 4D Studio is a great tool for professional, 3D artists. If you want to create advanced 3D graphics but need a helping hand, then this may be a great choice for you.
Cinema 4D Studio adds advanced character tools, hair, a physics engine and an unlimited client network for rendering. The results can be stunning. Cinema 4D Studio can tackle just about any project you throw at. Cinema 4D Studio's character tools make it easy to create character rigs and advanced character animations. Adding hair or fur to characters is fast and simple. You can easily grow, comb, style and animate hair and fur easily. The physics engine makes it simple to perform complex collisions and interaction between any number of objects.
One of the app's best features is Network rendering. As any graphic artist knows, rendering can take quite a long time, even on the more advanced and more powerful computers available today. Network rendering allows you to take advantage of all computers on your network and can help render your animations faster. App Pro’s: network rendering, physics engine. App Con’s: Application download is LARGE (just over 2GB), Outrageously expensive. Conclusion: While Cinema 4D Studio is designed for advanced 3D, the extra tools found in it are still user-friendly and intuitive.
Generating advanced 3D affects such as hair is pretty easy and fast. The app does much of the work for you. For example, hair will automatically swoosh and sway as you move your character around; and making thousands of objects collide with each other only takes a few mouse clicks to set up.
While the app may be great, its completely out the consumer price range at nearly $4000 USD, as of this writing.
Unless you're a serious graphic artist, or unless this app is something that your company can purchase for you, this isn't something a regular user will purchase. autoPack: INSTALLATION for Cinema 4D (includes autoPack and ePMV in one package). This installation includes uPy, ePMV, &autoPack. This early installation for autoPack is an alpha version- use at your own risk and save frequently. uPy (ubiquitous Python API) enables ePMV and autoPack to work in Autodesk 3ds Max, Maya, SoftImage, Cinema 4D, Blender and DejaVu by writing only one plugin instead of >5.
- ePMV (embedded Python Molecular Viewer) provides all of the capabilities of molecular graphics and molecular mechanics software directly in your C4D GUI.
CINEMA 4D XPresso Course – What you’ll learn
autoPack positions 3D geometries into, onto, and around volumes with minimal to zero overlap. autoPack mixes several packing approaches and procedural growth algorithms. autoPack can thus place objects with forces and constraints to allow a high degree of control ranging from completely random distributions to highly ordered structures. cellPack is a specialization of autoPack that generates probabilistic 3D models of large sections of cells that can contain dozens to trillions+ of molecules.
It can position these molecules to recapitulate observed data where available and can further optimize the molecular interactions on a local level as each molecule is placed into a mesoscale model. If you have experience with 3D software on a Windows operating system, especially with C4D, this entire installation should take less than 3 minutes on a Mac and less than 10 minutes on Windows. If you encounter difficulties, please visit the forum to search for answers or ask questions. We ask that you fill out the optional survey to help us improve the installation procedure.
What are the prerequisites
- Maxon's Cinema 4D (C4D) r12–r25. If you have a different version, you can download the demo here to try ePMV and autoPack.
- Uninstall any previous version of ePMV (and autoFill and autoPack).
- Navigate to to your C4D preferences as described in step I.C.
- Move the ePMV folder from ../plugins to your trash (or just pull it out into the MAXON folder in case you want to revert to it later).
- Installation of the uPy Plugin Package with ePMV & autoPack.
- Locate your Cinema4D preferences folder. To ensure you have the correct preferences folder:.
- In Cinema 4D's menu, go to Edit->Preferences. At the bottom, to the right of [Open Preference Folder] button, right click on the text and choose copy text.
- If you want to visually confirm that the folders get installed into the plugins folder in your preferences directory:.
- Click [Open Preferences Folder] button. You'll see the Preferences window now open on your desktop with a name similar to:.
- Windows (similar to one of the following):.
- C:\Documents and Setting\$username\Application Data\MAXON\CINEMA4D R17\\.
Enroll in the CINEMA 4D XPresso Course
Section 4: Tutorials
Who are the ideal students for CINEMA 4D XPresso Course
- C:/Users//AppData/Roaming/MAXON/CINEMA 4D R17_/. Right Click on the revealed folder> Properties: Copy the path under Location: "C:\Users\.."
- Install the plugin:. Option 1: Manual Installation of the uPy Plugin Package that includes ePMV and autoPACK.
- Download the zipped package for your system:. Cinema 4D r24-25 for Windows 64bitsupy-C4Dr24-win.zip.
- Cinema 4D r23 for Windows 64bitsupy-C4Dr23-win.zip.
- Cinema 4D r20-r21 for Windows 64bits upy-C4Dr20-win.zip.